Forklift Mounted Drum Handlers are attachments that can be mounted on the forks of a forklift to provide a way to safely handle, transport and pour drums. These handlers are commonly used in industrial and manufacturing settings to safely move drums containing liquids, chemicals, or other hazardous materials.
Some important things to consider when using a forklift mounted drum handler are:
1. Safety: Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and regulations in your region when using the handler. Workers should be properly trained in the use of the handler and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
2. Capacity: Make sure the handler is rated to carry the weight of the drums and the materials they contain.
3. Compatibility: Ensure that the handler is compatible with the specific make and model of forklift you are using.
4. Stability: Always ensure that the drums are properly secured to the handler and are stable before moving them.
5. Regular maintenance: Regularly inspect the handler for any damage or wear, and repair or replace it as needed.
6. Loading and Unloading: Make sure that the drums are loaded and unloaded in the correct way and that the weight is distributed evenly.
7. Use appropriate signal system when lifting the drums to avoid collisions and accidents.
8. Follow the proper procedures for handling and pouring the materials in the drums to avoid spills or leaks.
It is important to follow all safety guidelines when using forklift mounted drum handlers to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of workers and the environment.